The Design Committee is dedicated to enhancing the physical and visual aspects of downtown with signage, window displays, building improvements, and landscaping.
Committee's Current Initiatives
- Maintenance for existing projects and past projects.
- Downtown Plantings / Landscaping
- This is maintenance of previous plantings as well as additional landscaping work throughout downtown.
- This includes our flower barrels and mulch areas around trees.
- Improved Traffic Advocacy
- We advocate for logistic changes to slow traffic through downtown.
- We are involved with the City in choosing crosswalk design and parking stall layouts.
- We advocate for these enhancements for the safety of our downtown residents, employees, and visitors.
- Wayfinding Signage
- We participate in advocacy for securing City-provided signage to help pedestrians and motorists find their destinations.
- Wyandotte Walk Way
- This project allows for us to continue to work with the New Hampshire Housing Authority to continue to improve and monitor Wyandotte Walk way which is the walkway that connects North Main Street to Wyandotte Falls and is located beside Bella Fresca.
- Walking Tour Brochure
- We create and distribute literature to allow the public to learn about downtown Rochester while strolling along the streets. This brochure highlights the historic buildings in the Rochester Downtown and has been very well received by the public!
- Scare Crows
- Every Fall, we partner with the City and with Studley's Flower Gardens to display scarecrows on the light-posts through downtown.
Committee's Future Initiatives if Funding is Secured
- Union Street Art / Park
- We hope to work with the City to design and install art, musical displays, gardens, and/or seating at the corner of Union Street and North Main Street.
- Additional detailed initiatives coming soon!