The Design Committee enhances the visual quality of downtown with signage, window displays, building improvements, and landscaping.
- Maintenance for existing Projects: This gives us a budget to be able to spend to go towards keeping up with maintenance on past projects
- Murals Project: Our goal is complete 2 more, we hope to work with students from the Spaulding High School to complete this.
- Downtown Plantings / Landscaping: this is maintenance of previous plantings as well as additional landscaping work throughout downtown. This includes our flower barrels.
- .Two Way Traffic Advocacy: Is just one of the traffic calming initiatives that studies show would help downtown businesses. We advocate for these changes to take place for the safety and good of our local economy.
- Way-finding Signage: Is our maintenance for the current way-finding signage as well as advocacy for an updated one upon completion of branding.
- Fall / Holiday Window Contests: We challenge the local businesses in the downtown area to decorate their windows for the changing seasons and offer a traveling trophy to the first place window of each season. This contests are judged by independent third parties!
- Wyandotte Walk Way: This project allows for us to continue to work with the New Hampshire Housing Authority to continue to improve and monitor Wyandotte Walk way which is the walkway that connects North Main Street to Wyandotte Falls and is located beside Bella Fresca.
- Branding Initiative: allows for us to continue to advocate for the completion of the Branding Initiative in the city of Rochester. So that Rochester can create a new image that is easily shared by the entire city and businesses as well.
- Walking Tour Brochure: This will allow us to continue to print and distribute our walking tour brochure. This brochure highlights the historic buildings in the Rochester Downtown and has been very well received by the public!
- Scare Crows: Every Fall Main Street partners with the City to put up scarecrows on the light-posts through downtown. This budget allows us to maintain the scare crows.
- Rochester Pride Day: Allows us to partner with the City of Rochester's Public Works dept to spend a day in early spring, cleaning up road ways, parking lots, & more.
- Union Street Art / Park: We are in the process of designing a new art installation and garden at the corner of Union Street and North Main Street.
- River walk Banners: Banners will be placed along the river walk showing the people the amazing work that has been done!
- Rochester Items: We have Rochester Plates and Ornaments for sale.